im lovin PB and Banana's lately...

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I went to my weekly volunteering job of Big Brother Big Sister today and let me tell you i am worn out not only from laughing but from the the actual physical activity.
We played outside on the playground and in the midst of giving piggy back rides to my "little sis," this other little girl Kaitlyn was like "lets do these!!" (refering to the monkey bars, or as my mom would call it the "tricky bars.") So Kaitlyn and Paige (my little) start going across the monkey bars and then Paige says, "Laura you come do these too!" and i'm thinkin holy cow when was the last time i even attempted to do the monkey bars and THEN i hear Kaitlyn say "Let's watch, i'm sure you big sister can't even do em!" What a little brat! What do i look like?? Who can't do monkey bars? ope welp that would be me. Well let me clarify, I CAN do the monkey bars i just really would choose not to because after two bars my hands frickin hurt! i really wonder how i did that when i was little cause i loved the monkey bars. It was part of my daily routine at recess. Anyway the 2nd graders got a kick out of it.

Also, Last week was my "Little's" birthday and she had told me how much she loved polly pockets and how thats what she wanted for her birthday. So i went to the store in search of a polly pocket to surprise her and i couldn't find them. After wandering down the toy isles a few times, i finally found this little rubbery doll with rubbery clothes to put on and off with the label "polly pocket" on it. This couldn't be right...polly pocket? Wasn't she that bite size little girl who bent only in half and stood in little circle indents in her tiny foldable house? This couldn't be right! Well apparently i'm old and times have changed. The new polly pocket is a disapointment to my heart. So not even as cool as the old school ones. Well i bought it anyway and was pretty excited to give it to her seeing as i had gotten her exactly what she wanted. Today i showed up with it to give to her and when she looked at it she said, "ohhh..." What does "ohhh" mean? i thought she would be so happy! So i said, "do you like it?" She told me she did but i felt i wasn't convinced. Throughout the afternoon i kept asking questions and what i found out was that she didn't get any polly pockets for her birthday and thats what she asked for. So, i guess maybe she was excited and her happy emotion limit is very minor. Oh well.





I wanna go dig out my old polly pockets....

4 comments:

Skankstas said...

lol i love picturing you doing the monkey bars. Don't worry I tried them last year and couldn't do it either...what's happened to us????

Alisha said...

hey i have that swimming polly pocket! i loved polly pockets! and i laughed way hard when you said mom calls them tricky bars hahah

Kimba Lance said...

Don't worry that I stole a Polly Pocket from the Nursery....yesterday! Don't judge me Snot Face!!

Anonymous said...

i bet if you gave your lil sis a banana with peanut butter on the tip of it and said "do you like this?" she'd say yes...
love, jen

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP